Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now...
(01-02-2017, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just learned something.

I do not even remember this game at all, but in 2001 I was living in Tennessee and had no access to any message boards or Cincinnati local talk radio.  So I have no idea how the fans reacted.

In the 15th game of the season the 4-10 Bengals beat the 12-2 Steelers in a crazy overtime game.  The Bengals were down by 13 with just 3 minutes left in the game, but scored a td, recovered an onside kick and scored another td to force overtime (when the XP failed).  In those last two td drives in regulation and the game winning drive in OT rookie WR T J Housmandzadeh caught 5 passes for 55 yards.  For the game he had 9 for 98 which almost matched his total production in the other 15 games that year (12 for 130).  It would be three years before he would have another game with more than 60 receiving yards.

I was there.  And it was Cincinnati's other favorite kicker Neil Rackers who missed the XP.  He did make the game winner in OT though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now... - michaelsean - 01-03-2017, 11:41 AM