Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse
(07-23-2015, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if your past being dramatic.....  Any kid can go to school early in the morning and can stay after without much issue.   There is always a teacher or administrator working.  

There is no after school program for staying at school to use the library to study.   It's just kids working hard and teachers supporting their hard work.   Not everything has to be a "program"

You act as if by not giving them high speed broadband we are somehow shafting them....   Broadband isn't a right mate .....   It's a luxury.    My bill doesn't need increased so they can use Netflix and play Skyrim.  

And as for the free cell phone.    It should be a land line only.   Too easy to sell the phones and unlock them.  Once again why am i being charged extra so they can sell their phones.

And let me guess...you're probably also one of the ones who complain about how much teachers get paid, the strength of teach's unions and how they get three months off a year.

Mellow

No, broadband isn't a "right" but in the "greatest country God himself ever created"™ I think we should have internet access made available to everyone.  I know, I know, there's no profit in doing things to help people.  Money > people is the mantra in the US.  But heaven forbid we help a poor kid get a leg up because he might watch a movie too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse - GMDino - 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM