Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you bring Andre Smith back?
(01-04-2017, 09:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: I understand the youth movement and figured the Bengals would only keep one (they seem to always make it an either or thing). I just think it's easier to replace a rg then it is a lt. And I agree, no to the wasted 1st round pick on one.

Whit would be my choice if we had to choose. As long as we get Dre back. I hate to lose Z but we may be better repaired to replace him (Westermen, Johnson) then we are Whit.

Maybe we'll use the tag on someone now that Nuge is gone. That'll probably be spun as our aggressive move and surely would take us out the running for signing (dare I say) two of the big 3. So who knows if that's a good option.
I dont get it. How is it a waste? We have the 9th pick because we sucked. Our OL is a major reason for us having the 9th overall pick. I wouldnt consider drafting the guy who is the best OL in college football a waste.

Throwing a shitload of money at two guys so we can send out the same group we just sucked with seems kinda silly. 

I think we would be bidding against ourselves giving Whit a bunch of money. I want him back but paying out the ass to keep the oldest guy on a unit that underperformed doesnt seem like the right idea. 

I like Zeitler too. But 10 million a year for a guard is nuts.

I would take Andre back at the right price.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you bring Andre Smith back? - NATI BENGALS - 01-05-2017, 03:18 AM