Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it wrong to want Illegal Immigrants...
(07-24-2015, 11:27 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: This one is a bit complicated. 

The idealist in me that believes in fellow man to do the right thing is perfectly OK with open boarders. I personally would love a world where people have the liberty to move around as they please. (Y'know, Magna Carta for the whole world)

Unfortunately it's as realistic/idealistic as saying that employers would be forced to make their jobs more financially appealing if there weren't all the illegal workers. 

I'm (and I assume Pat) are just for making the process a whole lot easier for the immigrants that aren't a threat to our society, and just want to live here for a better life. People cite the whole "come here legally, like my mammy and pappy" as if the process was still the same. We let in about 28 million immigrants between 1880 and 1930. Right now we let in about 140k on permanent work-based immigration, and this is split into at least 5 different categories with their own separate quotas. Then about 70k worldwide refugee status, again with quotas by continent/region. Then you get into the temporary work-based, with its 20+ categories of visas. 

It's a process nigh impossible for the people that need to use it to actually use it. And it's easy to sit back, and tell them to jump through the legal hoops on their own, but for them, without the assistance of probably a lawyer (that's what I had to do, and it was not cheap) it's just not realistic. 

The system needs to change. 

Like I said. I have no problem with streamlining  or whatever to make it easier to come here.  I have no idea how you come up with what is a number per year that is acceptable, but I'm happy with us taking in as many immigrants as possible.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is it wrong to want Illegal Immigrants... - michaelsean - 07-24-2015, 11:35 AM