Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP really loves their women
(01-06-2017, 11:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Disrespectful... I think that's oversimplifying it a bit. Folk might get "more irresponsible" because of lesser opportunities to be responsible. That is what Planned Parenthood mainly does, in my understanding. Informing, helping with birth control and providing a possibility to make responsible choices, with abortions being a rather small portion of that portfolio. It's more a responsibility enabling tool.

But sure... by liking or advocating this tool I kind of silently admit that people sometimes are not that responsible on their own - or at least could use a little push to be. Which I do believe to be true, especially for people (not women in particular) at a rather young age. I think that's fair to say, given the development in teen pregnancies in the US - which sharply dropped since the 1990s, which I assume is partly a result of better education/information and providing more opportunity for birth control (not talking abortions).

But that's certainly a view from a welfare state person. I do admit (because it's hard to deny) that welfare can have the effect of making people more careless or irresponsible. But I believe this argument carries less weight here, compared to what you factually get when you do not provide or fund tools like PP.

This type of reasoning is absurd, It is akin to: If we outlaw abortion we force people to break the law. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
The GOP really loves their women - Griever - 01-05-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - bfine32 - 01-07-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - McC - 01-06-2017, 12:55 PM