Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win OverDenver Was Huge, 2014 Was A Good Season
I just saw NFL Films 2014 Bengals Highlight Film on TV last night. It's been months and I forgot how big that Prime Time win over Peyton Manning Denver was to put us in the play-offs. The film raved about Andy Daltons good arm and showed some very nice TD passes, and raved about Dalton being the only Bengal QB ever to have 4 straight winning seasons. Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason or Carson Palmer never did it. Plus they mentioned Dalton has started every game since drafted in 2011. ....They mentioned that Bengals lost in play-offs to Colts with most of their starting receivers injured and unable to play in the game, so the Bengals had no chance. The film says in no way does that take away from Bengals having a good season, with only 5 teams having more wins in the NFL and 4 straight winning seasons for first time in Bengals history. Film also says since this team has a lot of youth, the future could be very bright in Cincinnati. ....Now Peyton Manning had 5 minutes to bring the Broncos back, but was picked by Kirkpatrick, and wouldn't it be great if that top pick is now becoming a solid veteran.

In 2011 we had that nice win over Cardinals to help get us in. In 2012 we had that GREAT win over Steelers knocking them out and putting us in right before Christmas. A great defensive game 10 to 10 and then either Hall or Nelson picked the ball, Dalton to Green setting up game winning field goal by the kicker replacing injured Nugent. I Loved It. There were nice wins in 2013, maybe over Packers and Patriots. That win in Prime Time over Denver in 2014 was great. OK, no play-off wins and were you really expecting any Dalton's first 2 years. The loss to Chargers in Cincy hurt, but they had no chance at Indy with all the injuries. ....but you can't take away the 4 straight winning seasons or the big wins to get to the play-offs.

If you get a chance to see the 2014 season NFL Films highlights, I recommend it. Not that cheap cheezy home made stuff on YouTube, but the official highlight film. Any Bengal Fan will enjoy it and since months have past, it will remind you that this is a pretty darn good team worth getting excited about going into 2015. ( I think I saw this on ESPN, but could have been NFL Network )
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Win OverDenver Was Huge, 2014 Was A Good Season - kevin - 07-24-2015, 01:29 PM