Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation?
(01-07-2017, 11:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still need another receiver to stretch the field. Boyd doesn't seem to get consistent separation, I haven't seen enough of Core yet (17 catches isn't enough to say he's an answer), and LaFell is going to be 31 next season and is a FA. He finished strong (because AJ was gone), but LaFell still had under 40 yards in 50% of the games he played in. That is vanishing way too much.

Plus assuming LaFell is gone, that just leaves you with a really shallow WR group again.

Still need to pick up a WR, round 3-5, who has speed.

Marquise Goodwin is a free agent. 26 years old, ran an official timed 4.33 at the combine (4.27 unofficial).  Young, fast, played with a bad QB so stats are down, but importantly... will be cheap!

Obligatory testimonial of goodliness

Quote:Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis learned something last night: Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin is a track star.

Goodwin got behind Revis for an 84-yard catch-and-run touchdown on the first throw of the night from Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor. After the game, Revis was asked about Goodwin’s speed.
“He’s fast. He’s definitely fast,” Revis told reporters. “He’s just a fast receiver. I don’t know if he’s a track star, but he’s just a fast receiver.”
Asked if he’d be surprised to learn Goodwin was a member of the USA’s track and field team at the London Olympics in 2012, Revis said, “No, I wouldn’t be surprised. I definitely wouldn’t.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/16/darrelle-revis-didnt-know-marquise-goodwin-was-a-track-star-he-does-now/

His college scouting report looks very good for what we need in a field stretcher.

Quote:STRENGTHS

Pure speed offers Goodwin the ability to beat defenders to and around the corner. Frequently sent in motion, gives a moving start or free release. Continues to hand fight downfield while blocking, gets into it with his opposition. Not afraid to hands catch over the middle, between linebacker and safety, and has speed to burn and break away if hit in stride. Utilizes head fakes on routes, animated movements. Protects body after the catch after slant, goes down to the ground to absorb contact. Makes defenders miss with lateral moves on kick return. Runs with shoulders over toes when expecting contact.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/marquise-goodwin?id=2539964

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation? - Burma - 01-07-2017, 11:27 PM