Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation?
(01-07-2017, 11:29 PM)samhain Wrote: It's better than expected.  I think Sanu was more easily replaced than some thought he might be.  I still think we need a burner.  

I'd also like to see Erickson used a bit more in the passing game.

I don't think anyone was worried about replacing Sanu.

It was Jones that we needed to replace badly. And it showed throughout the year.

I know people are having a bit of a kumbaya moment with Lafell, but you need to remember that, he was invisible for the 0-3-1 string that officially killed our season. 87 total yards in 4 straight games.  

He came on well at the end when nothing mattered, but there were significant stretches of time when he was not around.

He'd be a good re-sign because he has experience in a pre-dominantly young WR corp. But we cannot go into the season with the same receiving corp as this year and expect to actually compete. Green was carrying this team hard at the beginning of the season, but he needs a second option to take the double coverage off of him on occasion.

I don't think Boyd will attract double coverage in his second year. He's not explosive at all, so he is a single coverage guy. And Core, while fast...I dunno. I think he had a few fluky games at the end of the year and expecting anything out of him in his second year would be foolish.

We need a 1st or 2nd round WR that can threaten the long ball. We threw, essentially, zero deep balls all year and that was because Green was always covered by a safety and none of our other receivers are anywhere near fast enough to beat 1 on 1 coverage, except for maybe Core (but you can't expect him to become an every day player because of 2 games).

If Williams is there at 9, I hope we take him. Unless, of course, a prospect like Myles, Allen or Barnett is available. Then it'd be a tough choice.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation? - CJD - 01-08-2017, 12:28 AM