Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation?
(01-08-2017, 05:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except those 17 catches were in 8 games. Even if you want to exclude the games where he played but didn't get catches, that's still 5 games he had at least 1 catch in, not 2. So that'd be 54 in a 16 game season, assuming AJ Green is no longer available to catch passes either.

You can take your extrapolations and put them right next to the extrapolations of Mohamed Sanu's rookie season. "OMG! 3 TDs in 2 starts! He's gonna catch like 24 TDs a season!"  Lol....

I actually think he has a valid point, Leonard.  If you break down the number of snaps they played, on offense, you would see that Core got a good number of targets and receptions in very limited opportunities.  

As far as how he played against the Texans, he made a couple plays where he didn't fight back to the ball as he should have, but you saw him adjust and improve in the game.  The Texans secondary is downright amazing.  Did you watch what they did to Cooper and Crabtree last night?  Core didn't get a lot of yards per reception that game, but they DID complete 8 passes to him underneath because the defense had to respect his deep speed.

If he broke just one of those tackles (tips hat to Texans defender), he would have had a vastly different net.  And that was his first game in the NFL seeing significant snaps.  All that with no Eifert and no AJ to draw coverage.

Then, he goes four for over 80 yards against the Ratbirds.  Call it what you will about being a meaningless game, but the guy never broke stride when he caught passes and wasn't an easy tackle for any DB.  Again, no AJ or Eifert.  

This guy deserves a chance to be our X receiver with AJ on the opposite side, and Boyd in the slot.  

Again, no disrespect to Lafell, as he was a very solid receiver for the Bengals this season, but I see him commanding around $5 million and I strongly believe Core can handle the X receiver spot and that money be used to sign Whit, Dre, Sexy, and perhaps even Zeitler over re-signing Lafell.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation? - SHRacerX - 01-08-2017, 12:10 PM