Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you bring Andre Smith back?
(01-05-2017, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Eifert is falling into a similar boat to Jones with the Bengals. I like Eifert and when he plays he's really good...but he misses A LOT of games. Probably too many to justify paying a large contract to.

I'm starting to doubt anyone will offer big money to a guy that's missed like 29 games in 4 seasons. We'll probably be able to keep him a much more reasonable rate than if he were more dependable.

(01-06-2017, 04:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't think they overpaid that was market value for him and he was the hottest fa wide receive. remember hes on a whole new team I think next year he breaks the 1000 yard make before postseason. hell break it this year with the playoffs.

Hindsight buddy. They overpaid in hindsight and I don't think there's much debating that. He had like 912 yards and 4 TDs. Essentially the same numbers he had here as a #2 WR and the Lions paid him to be much more than that. The much cheaper Anquan Boldin had at least arguably a better season for them. Houshmandzadeh was labeled a FA bust in Seattle and he had a better season in a tougher era for passing.

It is what it is. Jones disappeared way too much and wasn't worthy of $9 million. Heck...LaFell was better tbh, and he wasn't a #1 for most of the season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you bring Andre Smith back? - Shake n Blake - 01-08-2017, 02:08 PM