Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation?
(01-08-2017, 01:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Shipley arguement is a valid one, but how long did Boyd actually get to play with Green and Lafell?  Not only that, but what kind of offensive line was he (Dalton) dealing with this year vs what Palmer had in 2010?  Including the running game?

As far as Sanu and Jones not getting opportunities, I completely agree, but that is one of those arguments of "do the coaches really know better?" and I hate those.  It is hard to say of they were as seasoned as Boyd coming out of not.  I do remember Sanu leading the league in drops on year, and Marvin had trouble staying healthy, which limited his chances.

Boyd has great hands, and very good routes...paired with Core, AJ, and Eifert, I could see him getting 75 balls for 900 yards next year.  I would like to see Core as the home run hitter, Eifert (along with Boyd) as the chain-mover, and AJ as the everything....where he would just look to exploit matchups with how teams defend the rest of the guys.  

I would also like to see some formations with Boyd outside opposite AJ with Eifert and a combination of Kroft and Uzomah in the red zone.  I see a lot of upside in the latter.  

I believe that is coming soon enough.  I recall reading at the start of camp that the plan for Boyd was for him to learn the slot last year and learn what it takes to be a pro.  My interpretation was that he expand to learning the Z position in the second off season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation? - jfkbengals - 01-08-2017, 02:19 PM