Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch McConnell Says Americans Won’t Tolerate Dems Blocking Supreme Court Nomination
(01-07-2017, 11:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: No, it totally justifies it.

Republican obstruction in Congress was just shitty. Voters haven't just kept them in power after doing so; they handed republicans more power at the state and federal level than they've ever had in the last  90 years. Independents are okay with it, and partisan voters are definitely okay with it as well.

Democrats have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by taking the moral high ground here.  Roe V Wade won't be safe and secure if Republicans have their way with the supreme court.

Obstruct away. I don't blame them at all.

In terms of representation in Congress, Republicans have actually loss power since they begun their obstructionist tactics. Not enough to lose a majority, but a loss none the less. 

They did gain ground in terms of the Presidency. They had 5 million  less votes than the Democrats in 2012 but only 3 million less votes in 2016, which apparently was enough of a deficit to still win the Electoral College. I don't think this outlier of an election is enough to suggest that their tactics worked. 

I'd wait and see how they respond these next two years. Obama did get a decent amount of policy through. If they can reverse it now, I'd call it successful.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitch McConnell Says Americans Won’t Tolerate Dems Blocking Supreme Court Nomination - BmorePat87 - 01-09-2017, 02:01 PM