Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi Bill Would Force Schools to Pay $1,500 for Not Saying the Pledge Early
(01-11-2017, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, I'm against forcing loyalty on students.

But then I'm against forcing religion on them too.

I'd rather they just be educated so they can graduate and make the world a better place.

Well you and others are entitled to their opinion; however, we must obey the rules of our country. National pride has played a huge riole in how far this country has advanced in so little time.

If a federally funded school district votes to have children recite the pledge; I have no problem, as long as no reference to religion is made. Apparently others do have a problem with this and think a tradition that has been going on for about about half our Country's history is somehow going to change us into a Dictatorship. 

Not sure you can force loyalty on student; however, obedience is not always a bad thing. Of course I also think every able-bodied person should be required to serve their country in some fashion; however, saying 2 sentences as a kid is in the too hard to do block for some.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mississippi Bill Would Force Schools to Pay $1,500 for Not Saying the Pledge Early - bfine32 - 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM