Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regardless of how you feel about Fox News, you have to respect this
(01-13-2017, 01:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My understanding is that this "report" has been circulating for months and no one would go near it because it couldn't be substantiated and was highly inflammatory.  My biggest issue with it is the same issue I've had with journalism for some time, they kill you on page one and apologize for being wrong on page 60.  The allegations in this "report" are so damaging that reporting them when they can't be substantiated is highly irresponsible and, IMO, shows a lack of journalistic standards and ethics.  This is especially problematic when you consider how significant segments of our population already consider main stream journalism to be heavily biased against the right.  This incident will only reinforce that perception, in spades.

CNN didn't report on what was in it. They said there was information in the briefing about information Russia claims to have on Trump that could be damaging. Buzz Feed published the information, not CNN. This is part of the problem is that people are conflating these two reports, but they are not the same. One is a news agency, the other is a website that some people look to for news but shouldn't.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regardless of how you feel about Fox News, you have to respect this - Belsnickel - 01-13-2017, 02:28 PM