Poll: Would you vote to use public funding (tax dollars) to build the Bengals next stadium?
No. Im sick of it. Leave town if you want, im not paying for your stadium again.
Yes. Im willing to pay to keep my favorite team in the city that I live in at all costs.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you publicly fund another stadium or let the franchise leave Cincinnati?
(01-14-2017, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see Mike Brown looking to make that play until we get over the playoff hump, and possibly win a Super Bowl. Then, he will want a new stadium. I just hope he goes with a roof this time, if for no other reason than crowd noise and a warm place to practice.

Mike will likely be dead before this team ever wins another playoff game, let alone having a SB-winning team to hold as leverage over the city.  Seriously, if he wins this city a SB, give him whatever he wants and hell, put that promise in writing.  No danger of it happening, so no harm.  

(01-14-2017, 01:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting point.  Naming rights would certainly have to be a part of the next stadium, and I have kind of always liked that we don't have "Cheez-Wizz Stadium" or something like that....

The other consideration is that it would have to be a dome.  That would allow for concerts, motocross, etc. to utilize the stadium year round.  I think that was a big oversight building PBS.  With the fan experience so amazing at home, no one wants to sit in crappy weather.

Where it could be more conceivable than what has been going on in NY, Dallas, and LA, is that it need not be 80,000 capacity.  I think the capacity is fine right where it is.  And I feel like the Club Seat Lounge areas is where a great deal of money was spent last time around in terms of attention to detail and higher-end accomidations. If the stadium were a dome, hopefully with a retractable roof or sides, as in Indy, there wouldn't need to be such a huge space created for "indoor feel" to keep the wimpy Club Seat folks from getting wet.  Sorry, I couldn't resist....pisses me off how those great seats are hardly ever occupied if the weather is the slightest bit off.  They are all back in the lounge, socializing, and maybe watching on TV....which most of us have far better TVs at home Wink

If it came to a vote, I am 100% certain it would fail miserably.  People would rail on the Bengals for not winning a playoff game, for stupid player actions, for keeping Marv, etc.  And I really doubt the people in the greater Cincinnati area would want any more taxes...EVEN THOUGH THE IMPACT IS MINIMALLY FELT BY THE INDIVIDUAL.

It is easy for me to look down my nose at them when I live in Montgomery County.  Since I graduated, the county tax here has grown from 6.25% to 7.25%, way ahead of the Butler County rate of 6.5%.  FWIW, Cuyahoga is 8%.

The bottom line is:  our opinions would not matter because people would never vote another tax rate and I doubt you could convince P&G to pony up millions to have the Club Lounge named after them and a section of seats "for life", nor would a hospital group like the CHP ever dontate that much, either.  

Even if the Brown family ponied up 50% cost of a billion dollar stadium, and it created more jobs, events, etc. in the community, the Butler County voters would never pass it.  

Agree about the stadium (not the club seats remarks, I stay in my seat for the game regardless of weather as do many others).  Build a version of what they did in MN, with a 60,000 seat capacity and with acoustics to make us louder than the supposed super fans in Seattle.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you publicly fund another stadium or let the franchise leave Cincinnati? - Awful Llama - 01-14-2017, 06:08 PM