Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if we win the Super Bowl next year?
While the culture of the Bengals has changed compared to the 90's, the problem in general is that there is no one (save maybe old FA's picked up from other teams, I'm not sure), who knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl. I know Marvin has won one as a DC and assistant coach, but none where he was driving everything in the organization as far as the culture on the playing field (other places where he won, the framework was already in place). Mike Brown surely doesn't know nor has the requisite single mindedness required, and the players don't have the experience to know how to raise the stakes in the playoffs (positively that is), nor does the combination of players and coaches know what works, and what doesn't and how to tweak things on the fly during the playoffs. It would require almost a miracle for all this to come together next year, but I do think some of this is just a matter of luck. Some bounces go your way in a game or two and suddenly you're in the AFC championship and win or lose, you now have confidence in yourself, a better understanding of which of your strengths actually works in the playoffs, and this knowledge pays off over a time of 3-4 year windows (even with off years).

While Mike doesn't have this knowledge first hand, and probably is guilty of some of the things fellow posters accuse him of, I'm sure if somehow by luck he won a Super Bowl, he would probably change his ways (if those didn't align with what actually led to winning), going forward to start doing whatever helped him win. For this reason, if by some miracle they win the Super Bowl, I would want Marvin back in some capacity with the Franchise and have a transition into a new coach eventually who can be taught those concepts from Marvin and the players so that this knowledge stays in the Franchise's knowledge bank , so to speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if we win the Super Bowl next year? - masterpanthera_t - 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM