Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-18-2017, 05:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Zeitler walks, then I expect TJ Johnson, Westerman, and a mid-round pick to compete for the RG job.

I am sorry but if Westerman or TJ were that good, they would have either started over Boling or Bodine or even RT, got some PT throughout the season, or hell be on the active roster. However they were not even good enough to be active and dress most weeks to be a backup. Now I hope they develop and have the potential to play someday, but I am being realistic.

If you think this Oline who had a REALLY bad year last seson will not continue the slide downwards if they dont resign Zeitler to a long term contract, and Whit to a 1-2 year deal, then buckle up. They can afford to keep Zeitler long term and sign Whit to a short term deal. It's not as if there is a Dallas Cowboy money invested in this line. You can afford to pay at least two guys on the Oline. If there HAD to be a choice I would resign Zeitler over Whit, it pains me to say it, but Whit only has 1-2 years left max as Kevin has what 10+. Its not that difficult.

I get not being able to resign those two and Kirkpatrick, so bye bye Dre good luck and godspeed. You have two 1st round CB picks sitting on the bench in WJIII and Denard. Time to find out what those guys have.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - bambino5130 - 01-18-2017, 06:33 PM