Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-18-2017, 06:33 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I am sorry but if Westerman or TJ were that good, they would have either started over Boling or Bodine or even RT, got some PT throughout the season, or hell be on the active roster. However they were not even good enough to be active and dress most weeks to be a backup. Now I hope they develop and have the potential to play someday, but I am being realistic.

If you think this Oline who had a REALLY bad year last seson will not continue the slide downwards if they dont resign Zeitler to a long term contract, and Whit to a 1-2 year deal, then buckle up. They can afford to keep Zeitler long term and sign Whit to a short term deal. It's not as if there is a Dallas Cowboy money invested in this line. You can afford to pay at least two guys on the Oline. If there HAD to be a choice I would resign Zeitler over Whit, it pains me to say it, but Whit only has 1-2 years left max as Kevin has what 10+. Its not that difficult.

I get not being able to resign those two and Kirkpatrick, so bye bye Dre good luck and godspeed. You have two 1st round CB picks sitting on the bench in WJIII and Denard. Time to find out what those guys have.

Wow. You give our coaching staff way to much credit. 

What makes you think they are capable of starting the best guys? Or that they would even give someone an opportunity to prove themselves?

The most we saw of Burkhead before injuries forced our incompetent staff to put him on the field was when injuries forced him to play WR for us in the playoffs. After 4 years we have a tiny sample size of what he is capable of. This incompetent staff handed Ogbuehi the starting job at a position he is not comfortable at when there were two better options available. Fisher, who was the best option, was their 3rd choice. Bodine has been shit. They havent tried anyone else. 

Marvin Lewis and the majority of his staff are junk. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - NATI BENGALS - 01-18-2017, 10:26 PM