Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-18-2017, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's my concern...plus they need a Center upgrade. You can fix maybe one of those via the draft, but you need free agency to fix the other 2.

If Zeitler could play center, maybe I would sign him...but I can't help but think he isn't worth the near $10 million people are quoting.  He isn't the same player after he decided he didn't want to be "the fat guy" any longer. 

I just can't put a finger on it.  He's a solid pass blocker, but his run blocking (a key for a RG) is just average.  You don't pay $10 million a year to anyone that isn't a near Pro Bowl talent.

I know I am the minority here, but I think the money is much better spent in FA on Dre, Whit, and Sexy.  They will have a lot of picks, and if they get the RB or DE in the first, Dan Feeney from Indiana could likely fill the spot of Zeitler without much dropoff (he might be better).

It is nothing personal against Zeitler.   He has been a solid guy, but I just don't see paying that to anyone that isn't a difference maker.  Let him go and he is a third round compensatory pick in 2018.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - SHRacerX - 01-19-2017, 07:30 AM