Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-19-2017, 10:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So the bengals OL was the biggest downfall last year and we want to let arguably the best one walk because he bengals don't want to pay fair market value? 

This has the makings of Steinbach all over again.  Bengals signed Wilkie Anderson who fell off the proverbial cliff while Steinbach went on to play at a pro owl level for about 5 more years before injuries caught up.  

I'm not saying that whit is Anderson, but he is much closer to the end than the beginning.  

Also, with Andy on his 15m/year they can afford to invest more into the offensive line to offset the difference.  Andy plus Zietler is cheaper than some QBs alone.

The offensive line's downfall last year was because they stuck with Ogbuehi when it was obvious he was not ready. Whit should be extended two years, not a five or six year deal like Zeitler would likely be pursuing.  Whit is also one of the best in the league, and his play did not decline at all last year.  

If the Bengals can draft a replacement for Zeitler who may end up a far better player, while saving nearly $8 million per season?  It is a risk, but if Zeitler wants top Guard money I think there is better dollars spent on FA signings elsewhere.  

Andy's contract definitely figures in to the team's ability to sign other FAs, but, again, I am not sure I see value in signing Zeitler for that kind of money.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - SHRacerX - 01-20-2017, 07:08 AM