Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-20-2017, 07:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The offensive line's downfall last year was because they stuck with Ogbuehi when it was obvious he was not ready. Whit should be extended two years, not a five or six year deal like Zeitler would likely be pursuing.  Whit is also one of the best in the league, and his play did not decline at all last year.  

If the Bengals can draft a replacement for Zeitler who may end up a far better player, while saving nearly $8 million per season?  It is a risk, but if Zeitler wants top Guard money I think there is better dollars spent on FA signings elsewhere.  

Andy's contract definitely figures in to the team's ability to sign other FAs, but, again, I am not sure I see value in signing Zeitler for that kind of money.  

And the salary cap will likely go up every year...and like you said Whitworth will come off the books totally in a year or 2. It should be doable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - THE PISTONS - 01-20-2017, 10:59 AM