Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-20-2017, 11:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: sorry there was a lot of things i did not clarify. We should keep Micheal Johnson as a backup I want to cut tj and put bodine as backup center. Only works if we draft a guy like elflien or orlosky. As far as cutting pacman we never like having any dead money and generally have close to none so adding over a million I don't see it. Also ur assuming Dre k wants to resign here. I think he does but on the off chance he wants to sign wherever they pay him the most, lest say we cut pacman and offered Dre k 8.5 million a year for 5 years. U don't think that someone will over him a Josh Norman type contract? Bc I think that there are desperate teams out there that would. That's why it's not worth the risk of cutting pacman imo. If we did and lost Dre K due to Norman type contract we would be dealing with wjiii, Shaw, and Russell as starting corners with no depth. Not listing dennard bc he's always hurt. Would u trust that secondary? Obviously this is worst case but entirely plausible.

Gotcha.  Keeping MJ until June 1st at the very least is the best bet. I don't imagine they cut him, he's only under contract through 2018 anyways. I am assuming Dre K wants back, this free agent class of CB does work in our favor. He's in the bottom middle of a big group of tier 2 guys. He might find fewer suitors than imagined, so maybe that lends to returning. But as to cutting Pacman, yeah, do not do that until Dre K signs his new contract. I think even re signing Dre K. they do need to look at a later round corner.  Channing Stribling would be a great pick up.  CBS has him as a late 4th now. But that is probably going to improve.  He is very solid, and wildly under rated.  Same build as Dre, but better fluidity and man coverage skills.

Dead Money:  we have more than you would think.  Not a terrible amount of course, but more than I thought.  Cutting Nugent triggered a $1.5 mill hit so we know they are willing to consider that. The total dead money going into 2017 the Bengals have 38 players triggering dead money totaling $3,464,937.00.  Given Pacman's history off issues, I would not be surprised to see him go.  

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - Burma - 01-21-2017, 12:32 AM