Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit against Trump filed
(01-23-2017, 11:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, so it wasn't on Friday, like I had expected. But it is filed today.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/press-release/crew-sues-trump-emoluments/

I don't know how this will play out, but I think it needed to be filed because this is a question that has never been answered before. Whether or not you think Trump is violating the Constitution, it's good to have the question answered through the judicial system.

Ha ha, I heard this the other day and thought you were pretty prescient. It does need resolution - I just hope it isn't 6 months before it is even docketed because I know Trump's lawyers will drag it out as far as possible. It could be year 4 or his term or beyond if they have their way and still in preliminary hearing stage.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
Lawsuit against Trump filed - Belsnickel - 01-23-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Lawsuit against Trump filed - Benton - 01-24-2017, 01:24 AM
RE: Lawsuit against Trump filed - Benton - 01-24-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Lawsuit against Trump filed - xxlt - 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: Lawsuit against Trump filed - bfine32 - 01-24-2017, 01:39 PM