Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
(01-26-2017, 02:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets an extension, and people continue to go to games, we will deserve every embarrassing Primetime/big game/playoff loss we continue to endure. I'm sorry but this falls mostly on the fans. We know how to make Mikey make a change, and it sure as hell isnt billboards and urinal cakes. Filling his pockets only tells him our fanbase in content with mediocrity... And sadly I believe a huge percentage of our fanbase actually is.

Pat...there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Going to games isn't how an owner makes their money. They get 1/32 of the pie whether the stadium is full or empty.

IF fans kept going to the games in the 90's...they'll go after 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. We have the longest I really think a lot of 'fans' are just happy that the team isn't 2-13 every year and will take a 10-6 season with a playoff appearance with a loss.

It's sad that this fanbase has been beatdown by losing so much that they are happy with mediocrity. We have not won a playoff game in 26+ years...while even the worst franchises have typically won atleast 5 over that span.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis hopes to sign contract extension - THE PISTONS - 01-26-2017, 11:16 AM