Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
So, with ML going public and saying he and others need to have their minds put at ease with another contract extension, why do you suppose MB has not granted it yet?  Perhaps they're waiting for the fans' post-draft daydreams of a championship to emerge?  They don't want to scare away their season ticket holders just yet.  I mean, I think Marvin is taking advantage of Brown's old age by trying to tug on his heartstrings here.  Of course, he doesn't deserve an extension, much less being allowed to burn up next year trying to prove it (again).

Personally, I think the team will actually be worse next year no matter how the draft turns out because those rookies will never see the field anyway to actually help the team.  We're entering rebuilding mode which will take Lewis a number of years to work out.  The Dalton-Green era will end much the same as the Palmer-Johnson era I'm afraid.  Guys just getting old and never getting anywhere.

On a side note, I kinda miss Fred force feeding us all these stats showing all the "improvement" we've had under Lewis.  I feel like I'm slipping back into the mindset of indifference because I'm not getting all upset arguing with somebody over the Bengals.  Tongue
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to Marvin, we need to extend him... - 2MinutesHate - 01-27-2017, 02:11 PM