Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
(01-26-2017, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pat...there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Going to games isn't how an owner makes their money. They get 1/32 of the pie whether the stadium is full or empty.

IF fans kept going to the games in the 90's...they'll go after 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. We have the longest I really think a lot of 'fans' are just happy that the team isn't 2-13 every year and will take a 10-6 season with a playoff appearance with a loss.

It's sad that this fanbase has been beatdown by losing so much that they are happy with mediocrity. We have not won a playoff game in 26+ years...while even the worst franchises have typically won atleast 5 over that span.

I'm well aware of revenue sharing but that's not the point. I agree, a huge percentage of our fanbase will go to the games regardless of how many asinine decisions they make in the offseason. Say Marvin is given an extension, pacman is brought back and we let Kirkpatrick walk, we let Zietler walk but roll with the likes of Bodine and Ogbeuhi... Why would anyone be delusional enough to support this? And yes, by purchasing season tickets or single-game tickets, you are, in fact, supporting it. That's not even up for debate. 

I guarantee you if the stadium is as empty as it should be, there will be a change the following season. Sadly, I'm well aware that that will never happen. Far too many Bengal fans are too stubborn to just step away for awhile. I will always be a Bengal fan until the day I die (and hopefully after, wherever I may end up). But I will not continue to devote my time and money on a franchise that continuously goes with what doesn't work and let's go of what does. I'll spend my Sunday's maybe hiking, skiing, picking up an extra shift, exercising, visiting family, f*****g apple-picking, whatever. I'm tired of getting worked up over a team that deep down I know will fail with the status quo. We all should be but it sounds like I'm in the minority

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to Marvin, we need to extend him... - Pat5775 - 01-27-2017, 05:07 PM