Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
(01-26-2017, 07:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Hell to the no! I will use one name for my reasoning: Dan Quinn.

In 2015 he took over a team bereft of defensive talent, drafted accordingly, added a couple more offensive weapons, and poof Atlanta is in the Super Bowl.

This. I'm a UK fan, and when they get a coach that wins a few games, gets them to the tournament and bows out consistently; they get a new coach! Not only that, they pay the money and get the absolute best one they can find. I've never understood why any team wouldn't do as much, especially if they want to contend, or already have a team that on paper should take it to the next level. I've gotta say I personally have changed my stance on Marvin Lewis. I used to think he was just too nice a guy and couldn't quite get over the hump. Now, I'm leaning towards him being more of an arrogant jerk that vastly over rates himself. I mean it would be like being in a normal job, and you just had your least productive year in some time; and you have the balls to ask for a raise. Along with that, I've advocated for a stricter, more demanding coach that could take that next step for some time now. Especially in the light of the Dan Quinn accomplishments, it would be a real slap in the face to Bengal fans to extend this guy now without seeing results this year, as it would be to not make the ultimate effort to extend all the quality players. The Bengal's organization needs to recognize there's a big difference between fans and fans who actively support the team. If they don't actively show effort to support us, then we should reciprocate the same to them. Part of why that doesn't work is Bengal fans don't fill the stands for home playoff games, so the difference to management is negligible. Maybe avoiding attending the games and opting to stay at home could get their attention, if the attendance drop is really significant. They choose not to listen to or support us, maybe it's time to do the same to them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to Marvin, we need to extend him... - Bengalsrob - 01-28-2017, 11:39 AM