Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helter Skelter: Mexico, Iran, Australia, Yemen
(02-02-2017, 01:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Like it or not, drones, robots, etc. are the inevitable future of warfare. China, Russia, Iran, India, Israel, even ISIL are all producing drones. Russia's new MBT has a fully automated turret and gun and the rest of the tank is expected to be converted to remote operation in the next decade. Their Iskander missile is guided by a remote operator. China is building an armada of aircraft drones. At this point, Pandora's Box is open and these things aren't going back in.

The main criticism of drones is target verification and collateral damage. This has always been a problem in warfare, just more so with drones because of the lesser quality of field information. But I believe there is a far greater concern. With the proliferation of drones and the subsequent reduction in the risk to live troops, I think it will increase the likelihood of countries viewing open conflict as a reasonable option.

Or, maybe we evolve and become a little more civilized and just have wars where drones target each other rather than human beings to settle things.

I wouldn't hold my breathe for that to happen.

Yeah like robot-wars for real. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helter Skelter: Mexico, Iran, Australia, Yemen - michaelsean - 02-02-2017, 01:28 PM