Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP votes to end only fed agency that ensures voting machines can't be hacked
(02-08-2017, 11:43 AM)Benton Wrote: I can't speak for every state, but michaelsean is correct, at least for Kentucky.

I've covered every state election for nearly 20 years now, and it's always a long slow process. Pollsters close when they can (sometime after 6), and at least two collect the info printed out by the machine. They also bring a removable disc. That's taken to the election officer's location where they make sure the two sets of numbers match.If it's all good, they enter that into an online database. But the machine itself is never connected, and as soon as polls close, it's shut down so that if there was a quesiton of tampering, it's ready to be inspected.

So in other words, people are just throwing out the word hacking because it is currently a scary buzzword, but they really don't understand it? Reminds me of how a program called BleachBit turned into actual bleach. Lol

"It's technological, thus it must be able to be hacked by people in Russia!"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP votes to end only fed agency that ensures voting machines can't be hacked - TheLeonardLeap - 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM