Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estranged Family
I got into my family history a few years ago. I was googling my grandmother (mind out of the gutter) and found her mentioned on a genealogy site.

So I looked into the site and found it was ran by a woman from California. She said — according to the site — that she was my grandfather's niece. My grandfather had one sister, who married and had a son. So I called my mom about this bastard child. I thought she might know about her long lost cousin. No clue. She called her brother, he didn't know. I looked a little more into the person and got an email address. My uncle sent her an email and... turns out, it was the son. She had dropped out of the family decades ago, had a sex change back in the 90s and — now in her late fifties or so — had wanted to know more about the family so she got into genealogy. She was pretty excited the family reached out to her.

Just trotting that out to say your cousin may have a reason for not having a lot of contact. It could end positive, or not. But you won't know till you reach out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Estranged Family - Belsnickel - 02-07-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: Estranged Family - wildcats forever - 02-07-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: Estranged Family - Benton - 02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: Estranged Family - Awful Llama - 02-11-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: Estranged Family - SunsetBengal - 02-11-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Estranged Family - Belsnickel - 02-12-2017, 12:32 PM