Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we know the underlying reason..
(02-11-2017, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: Is man effecting his environment? Of course. It's just some over-react or under-react depending on his motive. Nothing wrong with reducing my carbon footprint; however, I shouldn't be forced to. 

I just want to go back to this, because it's the most sensible post in the thread so far.

There are some heavy handed actions taken by governments in the name of environmental health that rub me the wrong way, no doubt. I don't think extra taxes on disposable items should happen (though if a store, for instance Aldi, wants to do eliminate bags on their own, good on them. I'm not for the government getting rid of incandescent light bulbs. I do my best to reduce the amount of MSW I produce, but that's not something that should be forced. It works in other countries, but that is not our model. Cleaner water and air, less waste in landfills, relying more on reusable materials and renewable energy sources, all of these things are good but we should not tie them to climate change. We should incentivize investment, we should incentivize recycling and using renewables, we shouldn't penalize those that don't. Just my thoughts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: And now we know the underlying reason.. - Belsnickel - 02-12-2017, 12:27 PM