Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we know the underlying reason..
(02-12-2017, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Figured that's what you meant.

But you also realize (I am sure) that those taxes are used because the elected officials promise to "not raise taxes".

So they raise fees and tax "things".

I know. It's the most ridiculous fiscal strategy that we see happen. Raising taxes on a product that we want to see a reduced use of and tying those funds to something specific. It's what I hate about SCHIP.

I just wish that people would look at the realities of the world and realize that taxation is a necessity. I think we all know the famous quote of Justice Holmes, even if we don't realize it was him who said it and why. Madison himself said the power of a government to levy taxes was a necessity. We need our government to be responsible with our money, but tying their hands by refusing to fund things is moronic.

Anyway, enough of my tax ranting for right now.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: And now we know the underlying reason.. - Belsnickel - 02-12-2017, 01:58 PM