Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
White people triggered over Netflix!
White Supremacists on twitter losing their shit and screaming "white genocide" over tongue in cheek satire is funny, but to address the show itself, which I haven't seen the trailer of or the movie, I am not sure if the goal can be achieved through these means.

Those who understand the racial inequality in this country do not need shock satire to open their eyes. It may help them understand the degree to which the inequality exists, but they're already the population that is open to addressing these issues. The working class white population that has been fed the line that lazy minorities are taking their jobs, money, benefits, etc are suffering from the changing economy and they are not fully recovered from the recession. So when you tell them that they are privileged, they do not understand how they can be privileged when they're barely getting by.

The economic struggles of lower and middle class white people needs to be compared to the economic struggles of lower and middle class minorities, and any addressing of the other side of racial inequality needs to be presented not with accusations or attacks, but with an appeal to empathize.

With that, I present a good piece from CNN for black history month

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/02/us/first-time-i-realized-i-was-black/
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White people triggered over Netflix! - BmorePat87 - 02-13-2017, 12:51 PM