Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-26-2015, 11:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Some of the local places will add the gratuity automatically if there are a certain number or above guests at one table.  Usually it's 10-15% and unless you know that you'd end up adding ANOTHER 15% on top of that.  We always make sure its close to 20% even if we have to add to what they already charged.

At another place I meet some college friends from time to time and none of us drink alcohol but we might be at the table and shooting pool for 3-4 hours.  So we over tip since the waitress could be making more on other patrons than the guys getting the free re-fills on their sodas!  Smirk Its not uncommon for someone to get 100% tip after we've pooled out money together.  But again the bill might only come to $40-$50 originally.
A lot of people don't get this.  And you're tipping policy in this situation is something a former server would do.  And also which prompted my question. 
(07-27-2015, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: I never waited tables.

I worked at McDonald's for a full year and then a a few summers while in college.  And I was a full time dish washer at at hotel for a summer.  And worked at a car wash that my dad ran full time after that for a few months until I got into radio full time.

The car wash job was the only one with tips.

Years later I went through and the tip jar was overflowing.  We were lucky to split $10-$20.  Those guys were taking at least that much home each.

Interesting still surprised you never waited tables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 07-27-2015, 11:54 AM