Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Prayers for the refugee attack in Sweden two nights ago.
(02-19-2017, 09:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Its not even so much about left and right any more.

^This

Trump made a lot of enemies among Republicans during the primaries. That has not been forgotten. And Republicans are very much aware that they will be leading this country for the next two years, regardless of whether Trump is there or not. The question of whether or not they will lead it during the two years after that and possibly beyond is starting to appear to hinge on whether they continue to tie their horse to Trump. He is really starting to become a liability for them.

It is true that he has done some things that are universally applauded by Republicans (the Supreme Court pick, removing some of Obama's executive orders, etc.). But his admin is a three ring circus. The blatant lies, the continued name-calling and accusations, the uncomfortable links with Russia, the confusing foreign policy stuff, to say nothing of the continued campaigning are over the top. There could be a real backlash at the midterms if this continues. Republican congressmen are definitely aware of this.

I offer this as an example. I was teaching my Sunday School class this morning. They are all adults at retirement age or above. Their views on Trump were generally pretty favorable when he was first elected. That is completely changed now. To a person, they now complain about him. I had to cut people off several times this morning to get back on track (I don't permit that politics crap in my class). Obviously, this is just one small example. But if this is going on in a lot of places, the GOP will have to do something. And it would better serve them to do it earlier rather than later.

Imagine how different our world today would be if the GOP had turned their backs on Nixon earlier rather than later. The Republican leadership of that time might have been hailed as heroes.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prayers for the refugee attack in Sweden two nights ago. - Bengalzona - 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM