Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender
(02-22-2017, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I basically compare this to the Pacman interviews from last year. Remember Pacman talking about loving Cincy, but he wanted to go where he felt the most wanted? It's most likely just a negotiating ploy. Whit is an extremely smart business man. He knows this is his last "big" deal and has a chance at #1 LT money from the Bengals.

Would he take a lower offer and go to a contender? Possibly. I wouldn't blame him at all. The guy has been all class since he got here in 2006. He definitely deserves to ride off into the sunset with a ring. If Zeitler decided to go elsewhere, no issue there. The guy has a chance to get a DeCastro like deal on the market. Plus, from everything we've heard in the media, there seems to be no desire to get him back. Everyone has just written him off as gone.

If we lose 2 of the big 3 free agents this year, I won't blame anyone asking for a trade and/or not signing an extension.

I could see losing Zeitler as being the reason we lose Whit and I'd love for him to tell the FO that. Basically, sign him or you won't get either. The guy has the ability to make that sort of statement like Palmer did, basically a make the right moves or I'm out. Difference here is that Whit doesn't have to retire, he can just walk away and play for any of the other teams that will want him, and that list is going to be long.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender - Murdock2420 - 02-23-2017, 12:09 AM