Poll: Does the American government need to be brought crashing down?
This poll is closed.
Yes! It no longer works. Destroy the current system!
50.00%
3 50.00%
No! It works. Let it be!
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Bannon right about this one thing?
(02-23-2017, 11:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And to be quite honest, I'm not sure I'd like what a new Constitution has to say.   I think it would be far more limiting in speech people don't like to hear.  The 2nd amendment would be toast.  I think we'd get freedom from religion.  

I don't think you're right on the speech front. I think it would end the idea that money equals speech and I think it would take away the idea that corporations are people as far as rights, but speech would still be free. The second wouldn't be toast, it could never be. It may specify limitations, but the right to bear arms will never be removed entirely. I think SOCAS would be codified, but that's not the same as freedom from religion and I don't think freedom from religion would happen. Over 50% of Americans still believe that being Christian is a big part of the American identity.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bannon right about this one thing? - Belsnickel - 02-23-2017, 12:24 PM