Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender
(02-22-2017, 04:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm confused... I clicked the link and read the article and saw this “I love Cincinnati and want to be there,” Whitworth told co-host Solomon Wilcots and me Monday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’m pretty positive things will work out in a way that I’ll be there in the end."

Yes, he talks about listening to other offers, but it seems pretty clear he wants to be here, and this is more a message to the Bengals FO to get their act together or he won't be back.

“I want to see what (Bengals management) is trying to do. Are we keeping Kevin Zietler or Dre Kirkpatrick? There are other guys on the roster who are going to be free and what we’re thinking [about doing] in the draft, that’s important. When you’re a veteran, you realize how important all those pieces are and the commitment to all that. We’re close and I hope we can make some moves to solidify ourselves.”

Actually, a pretty badass statement from a team leader.

Damn rights, and i bet he would be a fine coach for us after he retires. Keep him here.

Whit just needs to be reassured man. It would not be hard to do. Tell him we are going after players to fill our
weaknesses from last year, we are hiring a new O-line coach, bringing in a solid Guard and a Center to solidify the
OL so Dalton can get the ball to our weapons. We are bringing back Burkhead and going to running the ball to open
up the pass etc.

We are going for it all, right frickin' now and we want you to retire a Bengal Whit, pay the man.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-23-2017, 04:53 PM