Poll: Does the American government need to be brought crashing down?
This poll is closed.
Yes! It no longer works. Destroy the current system!
50.00%
3 50.00%
No! It works. Let it be!
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Bannon right about this one thing?
(02-23-2017, 07:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am ok with the current idea of a bicameral legislature, with the Senate being equal. We need an independent body creating districts, however, if we are to continue to have the system we intended to have. With gerrymandering, we have essentially lost the idea of districts being communities. In Maryland, the rural Western parts of Maryland have been gerrymandered to include southern suburbs, creating two D districts from what was 1 R and 1 D. Maybe we need all at large representatives elected using a run off system that will allow minority groups to get representation (so if there are 30% Republicans, ideally 30% of reps will be Republicans). 

Obviously get rid of the electoral college. 

Our system of government is fine. The Republic works well.

I am ok with how the executive branch has grown since the start of the 20th century. It balances the legislative. I do not believe a parliamentary system is the right route. I prefer three balancing branches. 

What do you think of the number of representatives?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bannon right about this one thing? - Belsnickel - 02-23-2017, 09:24 PM