Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
(02-28-2017, 03:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You could pick a guy that could have an impact at linebacker, defensive line, cornerback (granted Pac and Dre are gone), runningback, etc. There are holes on this team where a draft pick could make an impact. 

(02-28-2017, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: The first pick, provided he makes it out of TC, should start, unless he's a CB.  At least, I would hope so.

The second round pick, if he is a G, would probably start at RG.  If he's a RB, if Burkhead is gone, he'll see playing time.  If he's a pass rusher, he should see playing time.  A RT might have a shot.  Other than that, I would agree.

Not disagreeing that a 2nd round pick could and should have an impact at a few different spots on this teams.

I just find it really unlikely one will get the opportunity unless there's an injury or there isn't a cheap veteran to pickup.

Guard — if Zeitler is gone — is the most likely place where a rookie might start, but if Whit is coming back I'm expecting Westerman or Ogie to take over there. Tobin's latest article is all praise for Ogie, but he needs a year or two more before he's able to handle DE's.

CB isn't out of the question, but at this point I'd prefer we looked for a vet if we're going to reshuffle back there and move on. We just haven't had good luck developing corners the last few years.

DL, may have to have someone coming in there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else? - Benton - 03-02-2017, 04:11 PM