Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredtoast take on the O-line issue
I agree with a lot of what Yojimbo and Cage said about the RG position and needing a mauler there. There will be some real options in the second round that could fit that bill, and I love Dan Feeney. No one wants to give up a high pick for something as unsexy as a Guard, but I think that it will pay huge dividends in the running game.

Fisher looked solid at RT, and I think a full offseason for him preparing for that spot will help tremendously. His light seemed to turn on at the end of the year. He had some really nice blocks for Sexy.

Bodine is Bodine. I doubt Elflein could unseat him if he is drafted this year, but he could push him to be better. If they are able to trade AJM, or if they slide in Rd 1, I could see the Bengals going Guard and Center in the second. Again, not sexy, but important to help our biggest weakness: the running game.

Boling has been very solid and showed some real guts playing injured all of last year.

Whit MUST be resigned. Going with a FA to try and fill his void would be catastrophic.

Sign Whit, draft a really good Guard, and maybe a Center and they will be ready to compete in 2017.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fredtoast take on the O-line issue - SHRacerX - 03-06-2017, 10:23 AM