Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
(03-07-2017, 12:41 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The issue here isn't what the Bengals think about AJ McCarron; it's what the rest of the league thinks about him.

Let's get real for a minute, shall we?  I happen to think AJ could be a special player but this is based mostly on his college play, not on his professional statistics which aren't all that impressive.  Here's the thing:  Watching film on AJ McCarron shows inconsistency because for every beautiful throw he made to AJ Green, there's an equally bad throw like the pick he threw to William Gay.  I would assume the bad throws would diminish with more playing experience but that wasn't the case with Carson Palmer.  I loved to watch Carson zing that ball but he zinged it a lot to Ed Reed.

Back to AJ.  He's a fighter and he's a leader, that's for sure.  But, if you were a general manager, would you turn your team over to him?

As a GM, I think I'd look at comparable (or better) options that wouldn't require giving up picks. For example, I think Tyrod Taylor is substantially better than McCarron.

Also, if I were a fan of a QB needy team, I think I'd be more excited about a Taylor or even Jay Cutler than I would be for McCarron...but I'm in the minority that just doesn't think he'll amount to much as a full time starter. I just don't think he has the tools to be a franchise guy. Excellent backup and spot starter though? Definitely. 

Imo, he's a less physically (and mentally) gifted version of Dalton, with more natural leadership qualities. McCarron's arm just isn't NFL starter quality and he seems prone to mental mistakes and hanging in the pocket too long. He could possibly fix those issues...or maybe not like you said. The arm will not get better though and he seems pretty oblivious in the pocket. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else? - Shake n Blake - 03-07-2017, 02:03 AM