Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responding to words with violence?
(03-08-2017, 12:09 AM)Benton Wrote: no, but, for what largely started out as religious reasons, I'm a pacifist. I dont believe in violence of any kind.

Do my job for a month and you might change your mind.  Wink

(03-08-2017, 01:18 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: When I tell you I'm your father and you realize that it might be true? Ninja

We all know as men, at least I'm assuming all the respondents thus far have been men, that there is a line in an argument.  A line that, if you cross it, there's going to be a physical altercation.  It's almost a social contract between men.  Even so, you're still not justified using physical violence against someone simply because they said something insulting.  As Jim has somewhat tried to point out, unless the words are accompanied by a threat of imminent physical violence your use of violence is not justified.

I will say this, the results of this thread are much more heartening than I thought they may be.  Maybe because the people arguing otherwise haven't had the courage of their convictions to argue otherwise in a thread specifically about the subject.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Responding to words with violence? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-08-2017, 12:32 PM