Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responding to words with violence?
(03-09-2017, 12:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: Call my wife a disrespectful name in front of me (with her present, or not) and I will respond with physical force.

To each his own.  Personally, one of my faaaavorite things about my best gal is the fact that she can respond to insults with a shrug and a scoff with the best of 'em. Hell, she'd probably ask you to try harder next time.

No foolin' but I've actually inadvertently escalated confrontations with people because I wouldn't get upset with them or yell back.  People seem to have a set script they like to follow and deviation from it causes a lot of stress.  I yell, you  yell back.  If you refuse to yell back things get complicated.

I remember in high school when I was a freshman there was a senior who one several occasions would go into graphic detail about how ugly my mom and sister were (he had never seen either, but I guess that doesn't matter) and how brutally and how frequently he had sex with them. I let him blather on about it for a while and then I just asked him if he thought it was normal to say these sorts of things. He looked confused. I guess it was. Ahh, memories.

Er wait, I mean he insulted my mom and sister and I kicked his ass! Well, he was bigger than me so I didn't really have that option unless I brought a gun or other weapon to school and shot him. Too much work, but that was 20 years ago so I guess I might be a free man again today if I had done it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Responding to words with violence? - Nately120 - 03-09-2017, 08:11 PM