Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract
(03-11-2017, 04:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't really think so. He was a Pro Bowl player in Cleveland. They cut him after 5 years. Granted, he played 4 years with Cleveland. But still. He wasn't bad there at all.

The next year after he signed with the Browns, the whole team gave up 19 sacks the entire season.
Year before? They gave up 54 sacks.

In 2008? They gave up 24 sacks.
In 2009? 30.
In 2010, his last year playing, 36 sacks.

They had 1 year where they had a lower sack total than 36 since he stopped playing. That was in 2014.

Wow, I guess I never heard that because he was playing for the Browns and they were struggling so. So, he was the impact player I thought he would be there. Thanks for sharing the numbers. Yet the Browns remained in the cellar, so I still wonder if they had to do it over again if they would sign him. It sure sounds like they would though based on those stats and that the problems were with other dimensions of the team. Thanks again!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - xxlt - 03-11-2017, 12:42 PM