Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB
(07-29-2015, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com

Marvin Lewis has a vision involving the Super Bowl, Mike Brown, a trophy presentation and a stroll into the sunset. In that order. Lewis doesn’t say it will happen this year. He doesn’t say it won’t. He does say he’s not joking about the sunset.

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ the Bengals coach declared at the team’s annual Weenie Roast And Mock Turtle Soupfest, also known as the pre-training camp media day.

Easier said than done, on all counts. Lewis swears he could walk away. Brown and Lewis swear that this could be the Bengals' year.

“We’re a pretty good team. I think we can give a good account of ourselves,’’ Brown said, in his formal and delicate way. No one else speaks quite like Mike. When someone asked him about the Bengals playoff drought, Brown said, “We haven’t driven the nail home. It doesn’t please me.’’

Lewis made it simpler: “We’re good enough, but we have to play good enough.’’

Full Article

That would be pretty sweet, and this is the year that we're built to do it.

Improved defense, stud running back, and great weapons at WR, which, despite everyone's criticisms, Dalton can get the ball to, but he needs to get it done in the playoffs, which Hill will help him accomplish by forcing the defense to dedicate themselves to stopping him.

I have no doubts that Marvin wants to win the big one and then just walk off into the sunset because he wants to finish what he started, and this is the year that he can do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB - BFritz21 - 07-29-2015, 12:12 PM