Poll: What has been the biggest problem with the run game during this 11 year span?
Lack of talent at the RB position
Paul Alexander/Blocking schemes
RB coaches
Other (explain)
There is no problem. I'm a giant homer and negativity makes me sad.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What is the problem with the run game?
I went PA and the blocking scheme, but have to add the quality of the O-linemen to that.

How many times did we see opposing defenders hitting the RB in the backfield. That's a complete fail up front. Someone mentioned about not getting to the second level, but if you miss your blocks on the 1st level there is no second level to worry about.

I also noticed that defenses seemed expect to runs on 1st and 2nd down and were defending those. There was little originality in the play calling.

Another thing that is of note is that we signed our FB for very nice FB deal, but we didn't use him. Hill runs better behind a FB leading the way, but our offense didn't play that style the last two years while we did more of that in 2014.

Somewhere we seemed to have decided we were going to put 4 receivers (counting TEs) on the field on run plays and no FB. This line could not block well enough to eliminate the FB from the equation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the problem with the run game? - BengalChris - 03-13-2017, 09:44 PM