Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
This is nothing compared to 2011
(03-15-2017, 12:29 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is one of those things that I just can't agree with.  Its like a subculture on this forum to believe that every coach on this team can't develop players yet we have a ton of really talented young players on the team.  Sure  some of the players don't work out, but that's not entirely on coaches.  Hunt is a much better player today than he was when we drafted him, but is it necessarily the fault of coaches that he didn't reach what we wanted him to become.  Devon still had a ton of promise, but his career was almost entirely derailed by his daughters health.  

I think it goes without saying that 2-4 years ago we easily had the best coaching staff in the nfl with most of them now being head coaches and successful ones for the most part.  I'm not the biggest fan of Marvin and I hope he goes after this year, but the organization is in a much better place after him than it was before he came.  

As far as the coaching staff goes now we will have to wait and see if they pan out because one year isn't enough time to make a judgement.  I could see Paul Guenther taking over as head coach next year.

Zampese needs to show A LOT of improvement, and Zimmer was a heckuva a DC.  Also, the good Hayes brother was coaching the d line.

I like Paul Guenther....and at least he was calling out for accountability at the bye last season, only to have the HC step all over his toes.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is nothing compared to 2011 - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-15-2017, 12:35 PM