Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
This is nothing compared to 2011
I guess the most positive thing I can say is that we did not get worse anywhere other than o-line. Andre Smith could help replace Z at guard - if he stays healthy. I freaking loathe the thought of Ogbuehi at LT and I'm not sold on Fisher at RT. Bodine returns for his 4th season of allowing pressure up the middle.

We do have the draft, and our position is the best since 2011. We should be able to find an impact player at #9 and our 2nd round pick is closer to another 1st rounder than a 3rd rounder. So we can do a lot of damage there if we're smart. Overall, I haven't given up hope that this team can rebound, but they would need a lot of things to fall the right way.

1. Bodine, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling and Andre 3000 lbs have to somehow form a cohesive and respectable o-line.
2. We have to get some instant impact players in the draft. Preferably a RB and a pass rusher.
3. The rest of the team has to continue to play at the level they have. No fall off in other areas.

That's pretty much it. I'm confident in the rest of the team. I don't ***** just to *****. My concerns are legitimate ones. I will say this, even if everything falls into place and the Bengals resume their recent (regular season) winning ways...I'm still not confident Marv can win a playoff game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is nothing compared to 2011 - Shake n Blake - 03-15-2017, 01:43 PM