Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes
(03-16-2017, 04:58 PM)Benton Wrote: I probably muddied the waters a bit there, but I agree, they are. I guess my point was, since they are, there's not the impact you were mentioning earlier of seeing the brutality first hand. Those people are still seeing it, their brains are still processing 'hey, I just killed 50 people' even if they aren't there smelling the sulfur or stepping on empty brass.

Seeing the brutality isn't as much about those pulling the trigger as it is about those sending them in to pull the trigger. I'm really not trying to be crass about it, but flag draped coffins have a bigger impact on communicating the realities of war than a twenty-something receiving psychological treatment for flying a drone over Afghanistan.

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in our elected officials to recognize this sort of thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes - Belsnickel - 03-16-2017, 05:20 PM